Friday, August 10, 2012

Flashback Friday: Summer Time Cakes


It’s hot here in the South.  I mean H-O-T hot!!  So hot that the only thing most kids want to do, is jump in a swimming pool and splash around all day.  And I mean, who can blame them?

So when my (distant) cousin, Caroline, was getting ready to turn another year older, her mother planned a great swim party for her birthday!  Ugh, talk about jealous!!  My birthday is in February, and when I was growing up, I was always so jealous of everyone who got a pool party for their summer birthdays.  My birthday was never that cool… [well it was cool, and that was the problem].

Anyway, her mother asked me to make a cake to look like their new pool, and also a few cupcakes on the side.  Looking back at these pictures makes me want to grab a yummy cupcake and jump right in a sweet, sweet pool for the rest of the day.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment