Saturday, February 11, 2012

Snickerdoodle... love


Sssshhhhhew things have been so crazy around here lately!  Just when I thought I was making headway with all this moving business, I get a truck full of more boxes.  I have been working like a mad woman around here and you still can’t find the couch.  *breathe, breathe*

Anyway, in the midst of it all, we have had a few exciting things happen.  First, our worms came in the mail!  :)  I was so excited!!  We got the compost-bin set up and we’ve put the worms in.  It’s been two days, so they are still trying to adjust to their new home.  But it’s exciting to feed them.  [confession – I get a plate full of veggie scraps or shredded paper and hand it to hubs.  I keep a reasonable distance and he feeds them.  Hehe]  Blog on all of this to come!  Promise!!

Just wanted to send a quick recipe (have I been on a recipe kick lately, or what??) before I sign off for the weekend.   The next few days have hopes of being productive – so I don’t want to waste them.  I’m hoping to finally get registered for baby needs tonight.  Aaahhhh another thing off the list.

So, back to the recipe.  I made these puppies shortly after we got married and hubs fell.  In.  LOVE.  Unfortunately for him, I don’t think I’ve ever made them since (wow, way to fail on that one, wife!)  I made them a few nights ago, and it’s like I’m his hero all over again  ;)

Snickerdoodles!  I mean, who doesn’t love them, right?



It’s really simple.  All you need is this (I had already mixed the cinnamon with the sugar when I took this pic):



Mix that cinnamon and sugar in a bowl, like I had already done.  Then mix the cake mix, eggs, and oil, in a separate bowl.  Sidenote: use Duncan Hines.  As a caker, I’ve tried my fair share of cake mixes.  Nothing stands against DH.  Not even comparable.
 
Using a teaspoon, form little balls of the mix.  It’s pretty stiff, so it’s easy to roll in your hands.  Then roll those balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture:



Next, put them on a greased cookie sheet, flatten them with the bottom of a glass, and stick them in the oven:



Was I kidding?  Super-simple.  And SUPER delish.  So glad I finally made them again.  I had bought the ingredients over the summer to make with my nephews on vacation.  Unfortunately I wound up in the hospital and didn’t get to do it.  [maybe I’ll fill you in on that …someday.  It’s quite the testimony :)]

Hope your family enjoys these as much as mine does!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snickerdoodles
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease baking sheets.   Combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.

Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in large bowl.  Stir until well blended.  Shape dough into 1-inch balls.  Rolls in cinnamon-sugar mixture.  Place balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets.  Flatten balls with bottom of glass.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until set.  Cool 1 minute on baking sheets.  Remove to wax paper on countertop to cool completely.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment