Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Book Review: Baby Bargains [Danger]


Book Review: The Complete Book of Baby Bargains: 1,000+ Best Ways to Save Money Every Day
by Kimberly Danger

So I bought this book before I did my baby registry.  I was clueless on what to get, and I was hoping it could give me a little view into what I needed and what I didn’t.  I was also hoping that I’d get some awesome money saving tips.  [Have you noticed a theme lately?  It’s pretty clear that I’m stressing about being able to afford this little one and not have to work as much.]

I give this book 3.5 <3s because… well, I kind of love it.


What I like about it: it’s super easy to read.  And it’s a super fast read.  Both are bonuses when you have a billion things to do before baby comes.  Danger also offers some great tips.  I really like her recipes for homemade wipes (although I haven’t tried it yet – I like the concept) and a few of the ideas of making things yourself.  She also gives some great laundry tips.  And I love her section on investing.  I don’t know why, but I hadn’t thought of this at all!  My mind was running 500mph with everything I need to purchase.  I didn’t even think about what I could do with the money I’ve saved.

What I didn’t like about it: I didn’t agree with everything she wrote.  But we’re all open to our own opinion!  Plus, what works for one person might not work for another.  And let’s be honest, the baby is still in my belly.  I’m clearly suffering from First-Time-Mom-Syndrome.  I might re-read this after baby is here and agree with her more!!

I’m not sure what I was expecting.  I guess I wanted more of “buy this stroller because it’s the best and here’s the cheapest place to find it.”  …this book is not that.  But then again, how could it be?  We would all have our own opinion as to which the best stroller is (otherwise there wouldn’t be 100 types to choose from).

All-in-all, even though it wasn’t 100% what I expected, I’m glad I read it.  Heck, I picked it up on ebay for just a few bucks, and I’m sure I’ll save that much just from her recommendations.  Plus, with how quickly you can fly through this thing, you won’t really be wasting your time!

[My favorite tip is # 452.  If you read it, let me know what your favorite tip is!]

In other news, I’ve decided to start putting my full website in a watermark on each of my images I post (that are my own).  I’m only doing this because of some of the things that have come up about Pinterest lately.  I specifically read this blog post and this one.  I agreed with these ladies’ perspectives and had already thought about doing it myself.  I’m definitely taking their lead.  I really hope all these issues work themselves out.  I don’t know what I’d do without Pinterest!!  By far, it’s one of the best things (creatively-speaking) that’s happened to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment