Friday, March 23, 2012

lessons learned


So I’ve been pretty much MIA for a week…. or two.  Whoops.

A lot happened over the last few weeks.  The biggest news is, I got our living room back in order!!  Without getting sent to the hospital this time for “over-doing-it”  :)  even better!  Big thanks to my sis who spent part of her spring break moving things for me.  She’s awesome!  And she also did our maternity photo shoot.  Sis has gone pro with her photography business, and yet hubs and I still managed to be her first baby-bump shoot.  It’s like we planned it that way or something.  Hehe.

So what have I been up to since last blogging?  All sorts of things.  I got the living room cleaned, lots of new recipes, went to a friend’s daughter’s first birthday party (omgeeeee I can’t believe she’s one!) had my first baby shower, designed the thank you cards and started making them … oh, and learned a few lessons along the way.

What not to do.

#1 – Don’t leave a plastic cutting board in the drawer beneath your oven if you are going to clean it.  I’ve never had this happen before, but apparently my new oven cleans at a higher temperature than my old oven.

 
Truth is, I’ve been wanting new cutting boards for a while.  This was NOT my plan to get them.


#2 – If you think you can make one of those adorable fabric covered cardboard boxes that everyone is pinning on pinterest with just this:

cardboard box, scissors, tape, thick white paper

…you’re wrong.  It definitely needs spray adhesive.  Otherwise, it turns out like this:


Not what I had in mind.  And while paper is much cheaper than fabric, it doesn’t look nearly as nice.

#3 – While preparing this wonderful meal:


I managed to severely slice my finger.  Which meant I burned these:

Epic fail.  They still tasted yummy … just a little dry.  So I guess all wasn’t lost.  [oh and the finger is fine.  It’s just … pregnant women bleed … a LOT.  So it took quite a while to heal.]

#4 – When stamping, check the ink on textured cardstock before stamping.  Oh, and always measure before you cut.  Or your card will turn out disastrous.


Fortunately she’s only one, so she didn’t know any better.  Sorry for the purple fingers, Mom and Dad!

And there you have it!  My lessons learned.  Hey, what’s life without a few mistakes?
Look for more on those recipes in the future.  And check back for my thank you card design.  And hopefully those maternity pics too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment