Sunday, March 25, 2012

Paprika Potatoes


I’m always looking for quick easy ways to fix potatoes.  I love baked red potatoes SO much!  But I can’t buy just two or three for dinner, I have to buy the whole darn bag!  Then the next thing I know, I have just a couple left and I’m ready for something different.

This recipe is absolutely one of my faves.  Maybe it’s my love for paprika, or maybe it’s my love for red baked potatoes, or maybe it’s my love for simple recipes … that I often forget about and then fall in love with all over again.  Whatever it is, I’m sharing it with you!

Just peal a few potatoes.  (I chose red, but you could use your favorite).  Next combine olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.  You could mix all of this in a ziplock bag.  I chose to mix it in a corning ware dish with a lid … because I hate wasting things like ziplock bags.  I like to reuse :)  Pour the mixture over the potatoes and toss to combine.


Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet (or a jelly roll pan; it’s best if the sheet has a lip on it so the oil doesn’t run all over your oven).  And bake for 40 minutes.


Yumm!!  I usually let my potatoes get a little bit darker than this, just because I like them that way.  But the night I fixed this, we were on a tight time schedule, so I could only go for 40 minutes.  As long as the potatoes are baked all the way through, you can choose how dark you want them to get.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paprika Potatoes

3 pounds potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
¼ cup olive oil
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 ¼ teaspoon paprika

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In bowl, toss potatoes with oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.  Spread potatoes on large jellyroll pan.  Roast, turning once, until potatoes are tender and golden brown, about 40 minutes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment